Posted by Kelly Simants
Last night, Dallas wedding professionals came together for “Thursday Therapy”, a fun, casual networking event where we meet for Happy Hour. Every month we rotate venues to try something new, and last night was at the new DISH restaurant in Dallas. It is such a beautiful venue, and it was a GREAT evening meeting new faces and seeing old friends! Thank you so much to DISH for providing the space, yummy flatbreads, and incredible service! By the way, DISH would be an incredible place to host a rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, or bachelorette party!
Jason Huang and Celina Gomez are two incredible Photographers who were generous enough to take pics, and I’m so excited to share them with you as they help relay what this incredible group of wedding pros is all about! Today we’re featuring Jason’s images and then next week we’ll be back with Celina’s work!
Meet the one and only Jason Huang…
As I reflected about the conversations I had with people last night and think about the amazing energy that was in the room, I wanted to share just a few highlights and give you some insight as to the cool things that are happening as a result of this Thursday Therapy Group:
- I learned about an awesome business for custom suits and menswear owned by Drew Jones. Ladies, if you are trying to find a suit or tux for your guy, he can custom design and tailor one that is perfect for your wedding or special event (and you’d be surprised how luxurious + affordable they truly are!) Ok, so then Drew’s Marketing Manager, Cristina, is engaged (congrats!) and looking for a florist. Kate Foley is a super talented florist, was there last night so I was able to connect Kate with Christina! Instant connection – love that! Oh, and if you want to learn a bit more about Drew check out some of his work that Stacy Reeves posted on her blog!
- Tamara from Grooms Sold Separately told me all about their bulletin board for brides and their mission to help connect brides with wedding pros, kind of like a match-making service! Love that concept and all that is ahead for them.
- Met Casey, a DJ from i-entertainment…I have a bride looking for a DJ and I think he’ll be a perfect fit! Adding Casey to my network of DJs I recommend!
- Chris Ryan, master networker and owner of The Ryan Manor, was busy connecting all kinds of people last night! He commented on the energy that was in the room and that he’s so excited that everyone attending Thursday Therapy is like-minded, wanting to help each other out and collaborate – so awesome!
- Met Treva of Treva Tribit Photography – she called me this morning to let me know about a bride needing wedding planning help for her destination wedding in Playa del Carmen – I am unfortunately booked on this bride’s date, but referred her to Deanie Yuska who is a fellow Thursday Therapy groupie! See how this whole collaboration thing is working?! Love it!
- Talked to many of you about The Simple Plan and Sage Wedding Pros…and the importance of having a business plan so you can have a strategy for your marketing, sales, etc. So many of your eyes lit up when we were talking about this as I know you’re gearing up for a successful 2010, so I’m excited to hopefully see you a few of you there! Remember, you WILL walk out with your business plan – woo hoo!!! 🙂
- And the list goes on and on of the ways that I observed people sharing, networking, collaborating, and having fun together! It almost feels like we’re all co-workers, part of one big company with one aligned mission: To provide the best service we can to our clients and the wedding industry, and have fun helping each other out along the way! I’m so excited for what’s ahead for the Dallas market and want everyone in the industry to know you’re welcome to join us and would love to see you at the next one!
So, without further ado, here are the awesome pics that Jason from Table 4 Weddings captured from last night! Celina’s pics will be featured next week, so be sure to check back for more! Oh, and leave a comment and let us know what some of your highlights from last night were! Would love to hear from you!
Thanks to all of you who joined us! Can’t wait for next month! 🙂