Calling all wedding industry vendors…or those wanting to pursue a career in the wedding business! I have some exciting news!! If you haven’t heard already, I have teamed up with Michelle Loretta of mmm…paper to form a company called Sage Wedding Pros. Essentially, Sage Wedding Pros is a resource for wedding professionals who want to have smarter businesses. We’ll guide you through the maze of business planning, marketing, forecasting, accounting, and so on… so that your business may boom.
With that said, we are so excited to announce that we are launching a workshop on how to write a business plan, called “The Simple Plan”. This is something that is near and dear to my heart, as I truly believe in the power of a plan – and executing that plan. My business plan has helped me to take my company from a hobby to a full-time career, and has helped me to grow Sweet Pea Events in both Seattle and Dallas markets. It’s not always easy to write a business plan and it can be time consuming and overwhelming. We have found that having others to guide and encourage you through the process makes a WORLD of difference. Over many cups of coffee, Michelle and I held each other accountable to writing our own business plans and would get together on a regular basis for business planning sessions. It made the entire process so much more enjoyable, and we really were so much more productive than we would have been if we tried to tackle this on our own. All that to say, we are excited to bring our experience in the wedding industry and business planning to you…in a “No-Sweat, No-Fuss, Piece of Cake, Easy-Peasy Approach”! Also, we are thrilled to have Junebug Weddings and Aspire to Plan join us as special guest presenters, and Hotel Andra and Tom Douglas as sponsors!
If you’d like to try and win a FREE ticket to the workshop and a TWO night stay at Hotel Andra, then submit your Soul Story to us through this contest!
Here are details about The Simple Plan as well as info about how to sign-up:
When: November 6-7, 2009 ~ 9:00am-4:30pm each day
Where: Hotel Andra ~ 2000 Fourth Avenue, Seattle WA 98121
• You have never written your business plan but know you should.
• You have a business plan that is covered in cobwebs (or maybe just a little out of date).
• You want an easy approach to writing your business plan.
• You find “strength in numbers” and value business collaboration.
• You are gearing up for a successful 2010 and want to have a PLAN!
What: Some of the things you will do…
• Define or refine your mission statement, company objectives, and goals for your business.
• Create a marketing plan, operational plan, and financial plan for your business.
• Expand your business mind and broaden your professional horizon.
• Get your questions answered by wedding pros who have years of experience in the industry.
• Network with other business savvy wedding professionals at a special Friday event.
Early Bird: $299 through September 30
Regular Pricing: $349 after October 1
Cost includes all workshop materials including The Simple Plan ™ workbook. Tom Douglas Catering will provide breakfast and lunch on both days.
Hotel Andra ~ 2000 Fourth Avenue, Seattle WA 98121
Rates good through October 14:
– $142 Ändra Rooms with 2 Queen Beds or 1 Queen Bed
– $151 Ändra Suites with 2 Queen Beds, 1 Queen Bed or 1 King Bed
– $168 Ändra Lux Suites with 1 King Bed
When making a reservation please use “Sage Wedding Pros” as a referral
Reservations can be made by phoning 877.448.8600 or 206.448.8600
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.