Creative Commons License
Posted by Kelly Simants
I thought I’d kick off the weekend by sharing one of my favorite summer drinks…Blueberry Lavender Mojitos! This is such a delicious, light and refreshing drink, and pretty simple to make. The recipe is from a wonderful book, “Market-Fresh Mixology: Cocktails for Every Season” which can be purchased at Crate & Barrel. I brought these drinks to a girls night out at the spa and they were a hit! If you are wondering where to find the lavender blossoms you’ll need to make the syrup, specialty grocery stores like Whole Foods or Market Street typically carry them in the bulk goods section.
Enjoy, and Happy Weekend! 🙂
Blue Lavender Mojito
10 to 15 mint leaves
10 to 15 blueberries
1 ounce lavender syrup*
Juice of 1/2 of a pressed lime
1 1/2 ounces white rum Club soda
1. In a tall glass, muddle mint leaves, simple syrup or lavender syrup, lime juice, blueberries, and rum.
2. Muddle just enough to combine flavors, being careful not to over-muddle. Fill glass with crushed ice. Top with club soda and stir.
3. Garnish with 3 blueberries on a pick. Serve with a straw.
*Lavender Simple Syrup
2 cups water
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons dried lavender blossoms
1. Bring ingredients to a boil in saucepan, stirring so that the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and continue stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes. Remove lavender blossoms and allow syrup to cool. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
Katee Grace says
oh this sounds absolutely delicious!!!! OH Man what a wonderful recipe to share for this weekend's bridal showers! 🙂
happy weekend! 🙂