Posted by Kelly Simants
I am excited to announce that the Dallas Office of Sweet Pea Events is launching an intensive one-day workshop called “Be Inspired!” for people interested in learning more about the wedding business and inside scoop on becoming a Wedding Planner! We have had so many inquiries over the past few years from people aspiring to be a Wedding Planner, so I’m excited we are now able to expand our services and help others develop their careers.
Here are high-level details about the workshop:
- When: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 – 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Where: The Dallas Arboretum – 8525 Garland Road Dallas, Texas 75218. For more information about this beautiful venue, please visit www.dallasarboretum.org
- Why: There are some excellent wedding planner certification programs and networking groups available. However, we have found that there are very few options for people interested in simply attending a workshop to learn more about the wedding industry and what is involved with becoming a Wedding Planner. My goal is to offer an affordable solution where you can Be Inspired, soak in a ton of valuable information and great take-aways which will help you to determine if wedding planning is the right career path for you. With my 8 years of experience as a Planner, I’m excited to share my history with aspiring Wedding Planners and help give you a jump start into this wonderful industry! I also have a passion for developing others, as I was in Human Resources prior to the wedding industry and thoroughly enjoy providing training and development opportunities!
- What: We will cover a variety of topics which will include: Wedding Industry Statistics and Trends, Basics of Owning a Wedding Planning Business, Day in the Life of a Wedding Planner, Marketing Tips, Establishing Vendor Relationships, Pricing & Sales, Next Steps You Can Pursue, and More!
- How: To reserve your space in this workshop, please contact Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a registration form no later than Friday, April 3, 2009. The total cost of this workshop is $200 which will include lunch. If you bring a friend, the cost for each of you will only be $150! Registration will close on Friday, April 3, 2009, so please ensure your registration form and payment are submitted by then. Note: Class size will be limited to 20 participants and is based on a first-come, first-serve basis. Considering the requests we have already received, this workshop will fill up quickly. Looking forward to your participation and meeting you in person!
Shannon Lassen says
Hey Kelly! Was just looking at your blog, I always love your posts! How did this event go? So proud of you for being so active and motivated!
Kelly Simants says
Hey Shannon! Thanks for following my blog! This workshop went really well – I'm offering another one in August! Hope you are doing great!