I’ve been blessed to have the opportunity to work in two very unique wedding markets and see two different sides of the country. I’m constantly asked by clients and vendors what the biggest differences are between Dallas and Seattle weddings. Both markets attract such beautiful weddings but there are some obvious differences that I’ve witnessed. Let me enlighten you!
- I’m sure you’ve all heard that saying that “Everything is Bigger in Texas”. This tends to be true in several areas regarding weddings – flowers, decorations and guest counts being the most noticeable.
- Dallas has way more choices when it comes to rental items (chairs, chargers, plates, etc.). You saw a unique chair on a wedding blog that you want? Chances are you’ll be able to find it locally.
- Tradition is much more important. More couples get married at churches and have all (or most) of your traditional wedding elements.
- Dallas brides love the opportunity to put on their wedding dress for Bridal Portraits and get dolled up before their wedding day.
- There’s coffee at every single wedding. Seattle loves coffee!
- Food and alcohol are high priorities. Seattle brides want unbelievable food with a beautiful presentation. Guests will never go hungry at a Seattle wedding.
- Seattle has a lot more outdoor weddings! In case you haven’t heard, Dallas is HOT and people can only stand a 30-minute ceremony outside before immediately heading into the blasting AC.
- You can have weddings with a view! You can have views of mountains, a waterfront wedding, evergreen trees, the list goes on and on.
Cheers to all of our Seattle and Dallas brides! We adore you and your unique style and weddings!
Left photo: Caroline Jurgensen Photography // Right Photo: Catherine Straume Weddings
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.