In world full of modern technology, it would seem as if the art of calligraphy and hand-lettering at weddings is on the decline. But to our joy, it’s not! There’s nothing like opening your mailbox, and as you shuffle through bills and junk mail, you see a beautiful handwritten invite with your name in stunning calligraphy. More than ever hand lettering is yearned for because we have so many online and electronic options that can’t full capture the timeless elegance that calligraphy does.
Here are some of our favorite ways to incorporate calligraphy or hand-lettering in your wedding.
- Invitations – this is probably the most obvious answer, but your invitations create the first impression and set the tone for the rest of your wedding.
- Menus – Whether it’s a sign or individual placed menus, hand lettered menus add an level of sophistication to dinner
- Chalkboards and signs – Need directional signs? What about an unplug ceremony sign? Use calligraphy!
- Chair signs
- Seating charts, escort cards and place settings
- Cake toppers
- Fabric signs
- Table numbers
- Personalized glasses and gifts
Photo: Sara and Rocky Photography // Calligraphy: BlueEye BrownEye
Photo: Laurel McConnell // Calligraphy: Water and Chalk
Photography: Perez Weddings // Calligraphy: Southern Fried Paper
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.