by Meaghan Cody
Photography from Sprinkles.com
With the holiday season underway, we know that so many of you are recently engaged – CONGRATS! After getting engaged and beginning the planning process of your big day, you may find yourselves becoming overwhelmed and stressed out. We at Sweet Pea Events are here to remind you that your wedding planning season should be a joyful time, not stressful. We know that you want your day to be perfect and special in every way, but taking care of yourself and your fiancé is one of the most important things to be mindful of.
We would like to share 5 ways that you can de-stress during this busy holiday season while you’re also planning your wedding:
1. Schedule regular date nights: Immerse yourselves in the fun and happiness that you and your fiancé bring each other. Some fun ideas: look at holiday lights together, make a gingerbread house, decorate your tree together, take a cooking class, go wine tasting, find a local tree lighting festival or parade, bake some holiday treats for neighbors or co-workers…the possibilities are endless. 🙂
2. Create a holiday tradition together: You can take one of our date activity ideas above and make it a tradition so that every year you can look forward to making your annual gingerbread house, going ice skating, whatever it may be. Think of the traditions that you enjoyed growing up, and incorporate them into your relationship now so that you can look forward to these traditions every year when you’re husband and wife.
3. Treat yourself to something festive: Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks, Eggnog Spice cupcakes from Sprinkles, or a “Sugar Plum” pedi. For those of you in the Dallas area, The Crescent Hotel is featuring this amazing pedicure for the holidays that sounds amazing! We just googled “holiday pedicure Dallas” and found this one so wherever you’re located in the world, you can search online and likely find something similar! 🙂
4. Give back: If you’ve ever volunteered your time or money, you know that more often that not you receive more than you are giving. There is just something wonderful about giving to those in need and it’s one way to keep perspective and not to sweat the small stuff. You could volunteer at a soup kitchen, adopt a family for Christmas who is in need of clothes and gifts for their children, etc.
5. Take care of yourself: By eating right, exercising and getting enough sleep, you will be able to deal with any stress that might come your way much better when you are well rested. Often easier said than done during the holiday season, but we know how frazzled we get when we don’t take care of ourselves. Just a reminder to slow down, enjoy this engagement and holiday season, and incorporate one or more of these ideas into your life so you don’t let your emotions and stress get the best of you!
Cheers to a stress-free engagement and holiday season! 🙂
Image by www.williamsonoma.com