Posted by Meaghan Cody
We are so excited to be working with this talented couple in a few weeks and just wanted to share a little about them on our blog today! Please meet Sara and Rocky Garza of Sara and Rocky Photography!
- How did you get started in the Photography business, and specifically with weddings?
Sara got her first camera when she graduated from college in 2008 and we started taking photos together just as a hobby. We thought we were SO good at first, (we were awful) but we found that we really enjoyed doing it together. After about a year and a half of taking as many photos as we could, Sara resigned from her job as an architect and went full-time as a photographer. Once she was full-time, we decided that we wanted to try our hand at wedding photography. We shot our first wedding in March of 2010 and fell in love with it. The more we shot the more we realized that this is exactly the type of photography we wanted to be doing. Rocky resigned from his job as a pastor in February of 2011 and now we both shoot full-time exclusively as wedding photographers!
- What is your typical day like as a Wedding Photographer on the day of the wedding, and also on a non-wedding day?
Wedding days start like any other day for us. We have coffee, take our dog Samson out Rocky makes breakfast. Then we get our gear ready and head out the door. Once we arrive, Sara heads off with the ladies and Rocky goes with the guys and we start shooting. We shoot all day long (usually 8 hours) and love every minute of it! Especially the cake! As for a non-wedding day, we have the same routine as above. Coffee, Samson and breakfast. Then the majority of the day is spent editing images, emailing and taking Samson to play a little fetch. We try to squeeze a run in here and there and usually at the end of day by having dinner with clients or just some friends!
- What would you say makes your style or personality unique from other Photographers?
We are both very relational people. We love to get to know our clients personally and we have every one of our bride and grooms over to our home for dinner, (that we cook), before the wedding day. We really want to take authentic and emotional images and feel that the best way for us to do that is to make a real investment in our clients. Our business is personal to us and we love it that way!
- What are some of your favorite images from your portfolio?
- Favorite tips or advice for the bride and grooms to be?
1. Remember why you are getting married; it is not to have pretty flowers, crazy details or out do all your other friends, it is about committing to each other in the company of your dearest friends and family that you love each other, forever.
2. HAVE FUN!
- When you aren’t working, what are some of your favorite things to do?
We love to travel. We want to go to every continent! Sara loves to read and Rocky loves to do anything but read! We love playing with our dog Samson and we are both active so running and biking are on the top of the list too! We are self-proclaimed foodies, so great dinner with friends happens quite often and we will never turn down a glass of red wine (Sara) or scotch (Rocky).
- What are some of your favorite venues in the DFW area, and why?
If it is outdoor we love it! Sunshine is our best friend, so any venue that has lots of window or is outside is perfect!